Redshift stylesheets and cryptomatte

Hi, I'm trying to setup and use stylesheets with redshift and not having much luck. The main thing I'm trying to do is override the redshift Object ID so that I can have unique IDs appear in the cryptomatte per point. All I've done is a voronoi shatter, then assembled them with packing on. I haven't had any luck past this point. If someone can point me in the right direction would be helpful or propose an alternative solution. The only other thing I can find or think of is assigning per point materials but this is out of the question since there will be 2000+ points.

The post here seems to mean that this is possible:

I've also gone over the Mantra way of doing this here several times without any progress:

http://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini/shade/stylesheets.html

have you tried to override something else? like material color or something that definitely works? i suspect you can't override ObjectID as that's not either material or render parameter. what I would do is a custom AOV based on objectID or per-piece attribute and use that instead - no need for stylesheets.

Edited by davpe

Well i tried overriding the object ID as a "surface parameter" which allowed me to select it. The only way i was able to see any change though was by manually changing the ID but of course this changes every point to the same ID. I've thought about using a custom AOV but with 2000+ points, selecting just one when in nuke would be really difficult and annoying.