Flip - sink

lyansart

hello guys, 

i have seen the sink from object tab on houdini, but i don't seem to make it work.. does anyone have a scene/ have seen somewhere where it's been used? I am struggling to find as well better documentation, but if i follow everything step by step doesn't seem to work at all.. 

thanks! 

(http://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini/shelf/sinkfromobjects.html ) 

It does work, but setting it up is a little more difficult than it should be. Pay attention to the text prompts that appear in bottom of the 3D view. Make sure your mouse is in the 3D view when you press enter, responding to the prompts. Also, the object you are using for the sink must have the top level transform set to world origin. So zero it out and the move the geometry around inside to place the sink where you want it.

flip_sink_working.gif

ap_flip_sink_working.hiplc

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/14/2019 at 10:58 PM, Atom said:

It does work, but setting it up is a little more difficult than it should be. Pay attention to the text prompts that appear in bottom of the 3D view. Make sure your mouse is in the 3D view when you press enter, responding to the prompts. Also, the object you are using for the sink must have the top level transform set to world origin. So zero it out and the move the geometry around inside to place the sink where you want it.

flip_sink_working.gif

ap_flip_sink_working.hiplc

mmh i see.. it doesnt do at all what i was hoping for, i was expecting more of a suction force rather than a 'black hole'.
Good to know anyway, Thanks sm for the file!