Texture Baking - UV Border visible on the model

Hey,

So I found a hand model with UVs and Texture maps online, but the topologie was wrong.

I used the Topobuild to draw over the old model, making a mesh right for animation.

Lastly I  baked the texture from the old model to the new model.

Here is where the problem arises. The texture bake shows black lines where the uv border are (See Screenshot).

How can I remove the black lines and why are they there in the first place. I'm still new to texture baking and im having a hard time understanding the whole process.

5ccc3f9f7d7a1_Schermafbeelding2019-05-03om15_10_54.thumb.png.5a74b19496d20b75cc5472110beed980.png

Edited by lulu01

it looks like you just have to use Border expansion option when baking textures. this kind of artifact is produced where edges of the textured uv island are blended with the black surrounding color

• Thanks 1

Hey, 

I believe  Border Expansion could work, but it not working out direct. I can bake the texture using Mplay, but I understand that Border Expansion only works when you render to disk, only then I get a long error.
Plz check out the files if you want to see it for your self.   

Hand_TexBake.zip

A_Hand_RenderTest.jpg

I fixed the error problem, I need to bake the texture as an .rat 
The texture has no black lines anymore, but the transition between uv island are still visible on the texture model. 
If someone got a solution for this?

5cd00422a6cb4_Schermafbeelding2019-05-06om11_53_28.thumb.png.0eabea8f999910d2a764012299be08c7.png

Edited by lulu01

An idea could be mix the texture values based on the geometry rest position. This should produce smooth values on the edges and help on the blending

Edited by Andrea
  • Like 1