Puddle Crown Splash

Joshuazt

Hi Guys

I have a project where I have to do a single water droplet into a thin flat puddle.

I have been trying a few things, starting with a crown splash simply using a wave tank. Then blending that into a puddle mesh I have build, then using the ripple solver to add ripples potentially to the edge of the puddle. 

I have also tried to do the whole thing in a wave tank shaped, as my puddle. Although I am having a lot of issues keeping the edges of the puddle still in this case. 

I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts as how you would approach this simulation and maybe is there a different technique I should be pursuing.

thanks guys! :) 

• 2 weeks later...

hello, you can try to simulate it in a high res tank, and then after sim crop what is outside your shape. Otherwise stability might be an issue. or maybe keep you point velocity to 0, and only activate the one that go >0.1.
that would probably be the most accurate method, otherwise you can keep playing with the ripple sover / meshing it together!