Smoke Trail Box Collapses

cgartashish

Hi,

I have used the smoke trail shelf tool for a moving sphere to generate smoke and then modified the pyro source node to make it like a fire ball. But when my sphere passes from one smoke box to another, some boxes just collapse to the grid center. On viewing in two-dimensional plane I saw that the box which collapse on the center of grid are unable to read any values like temperature, density, etc. So, what do I do? I am attaching the file for review, please someone help.

P.S. In "Gas Resize Fluid Dynamics" node, if I change the value of delay frames to 2 and put and "Temperature" in the extra resize field, it works fine, but is it the solution or I am doing something wrong, Please Help.

pyroTrail.001.hip

In my opinion it is ok to use delay frames. The problem is that borders between cluster points in your example are hard and because of that borders of source volumes for pyro are hard too. When in Dop network a new pyro container initialized he is looking for source fields and if he isn't finding them then container jump to origin and sim in this container is over. Delay frames fix this. You can use other way also by blending borders between cluster points. There are more chances that pyro container find fields and sim will bee continues. You can do this by using a few control attributes in the cluster points SOP and weights. According to help-card it is looking for vector attribute but a float attribute in this case works ok too.

pyroTrail.001_01.hip

On 6/9/2019 at 11:19 PM, vicvvsh said:

In my opinion it is ok to use delay frames. The problem is that borders between cluster points in your example are hard and because of that borders of source volumes for pyro are hard too. When in Dop network a new pyro container initialized he is looking for source fields and if he isn't finding them then container jump to origin and sim in this container is over. Delay frames fix this. You can use other way also by blending borders between cluster points. There are more chances that pyro container find fields and sim will bee continues. You can do this by using a few control attributes in the cluster points SOP and weights. According to help-card it is looking for vector attribute but a float attribute in this case works ok too.

pyroTrail.001_01.hip

Thank you so much for the file and explanation, it is working smoothly now. Thanks again :)