house collapsing

robertolee

There's a lot more to it than just using metaball force. What aspects in particular are you trying emulate? If you just want to know how to initialize forces in the simulation, it all comes down to "v" on the points. Which can be controlled in all sorts of ways. 

6 hours ago, woodenduck said:

This video has everything you need to know to achieve that effect. If you jump to around 46:30 he demonstrates overriding rigid body activation with constraints. 

https://www.sidefx.com/tutorials/h13-masterclass-bullet/

thanks but i just want to delete column constraint because i want some big pieces for box. it doesn't look accurate.Please can you take a look my setup. I am not sure it is correct. maybe i need some vex expressions 

Screen Shot 2019-06-19 at 2.38.30 AM.png

test_2.hipnc

Try give a look at the hipfile attached. There are some issues in the way you built your constraints and try to break them.

Of course is good that you separated them in strong, weak for the frames etc... but glue constraints are not going to break if there aren't any forces applied to them that are stronger than their strength, gravity is not enough. If you have everything connected to everything, nothing is going to move. That's why we need to use metaballs or some other magic tricks to initialize the simulation, breaking some constraints so the simulation can start and propagate.

If you just delete all constraints in a certain area, of course the whole structure is going to collapse and you are not going to have any big pieces.

In scenarios like that is useful to give some conditions (for example using the name of the constraints) and break just some of them. That's why preparing as much as possible in SOP is going to make it easier later on.

If you want to break a different type of constraint, just change the name in the SOP solver to match it.

testtOd_00.hipnc

Edited by Andrea
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Andrea said:

Try give a look at the hipfile attached. There are some issues in the way you built your constraints and try to break them.

Of course is good that you separated them in strong, weak for the frames etc... but glue constraints are not going to break if there aren't any forces applied to them that are stronger than their strength, gravity is not enough. If you have everything connected to everything, nothing is going to move. That's why we need to use metaballs or some other magic tricks to initialize the simulation, breaking some constraints so the simulation can start and propagate.

If you just delete all constraints in a certain area, of course the whole structure is going to collapse and you are not going to have any big pieces.

In scenarios like that is useful to give some conditions (for example using the name of the constraints) and break just some of them. That's why preparing as much as possible in SOP are going to make it easier later on.

If you want to break a different type of constraint, just change the name in the SOP solver to match it.

testtOd_00.hipnc

thank you Andrea.