Houdini Flip Completes but never finishes the full Frame range

JodyLS27

Hi there everyone.

I have this very Unique issue that is both on Windows 10 and Linux (Mint 19.1, Ubuntu 18.04, fedora 29 and 30) where I will run a Simulation (Pyro, Particles or Fluids) and it will say Complete but only do 159/600 frames.
The number of frames it dose is random and could change from sim to sim.

System specs:
CPU - Threadripper 2970WX (29 Cores - 48 Threads)
RAM - 128GP of 2666 Corsair Vengeance LP
SSD - 2TB, 1.7TB Free
SPU - 1200W Cooler master
Motherbaord : MSI Gaming Pro Carbon AC
Houdini 17.5 Latest Build.

Its not a Ram or CPU issue, I Rand them together at full Load in Prim 95 for 10 to 15 min and it was fine, no Hick ups or Heat issues.

Things I have tried include changing the GPU from AMD to Nvidia (Yes  removed the drivers to install Nvidias) Changed to an HDD, removed Performance boost in the BIOS, I reinstalled the latest Bios as well.

I feel like its a Timing issue. Something is Causing the Sim to Complete, its like the write to disk is taking to long or something because if I lower the Res of the Flip sim, it will complete the cache but the result is to cores for a final portfolio piece.

Please, Any Advice would be Greatly Helpful.

Hi there @Skybar and thank you for your Reply.
Nope, My Fluid Sim gets to around 60% of Ram usage so I dont think its a ram issue.

Here is the strange thing, When I first got the system, I worked Perfectly and I could run this sim with up to 40 Million particles and it would take around 36 to 40 hours to cache 700 frames and get up to around 115 GB of ram, so something strange has happened and I cannot think of a Solution

Yea I have tried it and I get the same issue.
I have contacted support and they have been helping me along the way, but the Segmentation Fault I have had before but It never got solved and The system has been down for a while.

I am busy downloading the New windows 1903 and then I'll do some updates.
I'll then Uninstall Houdini and any drivers and restart and Then reinstall and see if that Fixes it.

I am trying anything here.

• 5 weeks later...