[SOLVED] Control Pin point in Vellum ?

hi_dini

5d4b83789f495__2019_08_08_11_05_33_498.thumb.png.12818012fabe2aa5ce9254e363b0b17b.png

Hi guys, I'm trying to make something with Vellum system but now suffering some problems.

What I wanna make is, Pin point group is disabled after 30 frames.

I tried to use switch SOP node and to control 'group_pin_src' node in Vellum cloth Sop node.

It didn't work and I think I should try it in Vellum solver node.

but I don't have any idea with this node.

Give me some helps please !

Here's my hip file

vellum_Pin.hip

Edited by hi_dini

the problem is that if you disable or remove the grp, vellum will try to look for a group that does not exist.

Instead what you want to do is preserve the group the whole time but remove the points in the group.

So in a point wrangle you can do something like this:

if (@Frame > 30 && @group_pin ==1)

{

@group_pin = 0;

}

2 hours ago, Jesper Rahlff said:

the problem is that if you disable or remove the grp, vellum will try to look for a group that does not exist.

Instead what you want to do is preserve the group the whole time but remove the points in the group.

So in a point wrangle you can do something like this:

if (@Frame > 30 && @group_pin ==1)

{

@group_pin = 0;

}

Thanks for reply and I tried your suggestion.

but It doesn't work...

aeruuu.PNG.bab4b5d84968e881eda46df8495cd22e.PNG

When I check geometry solver of vellum solver, group:pin changed successfully but, simulation doesn't change.

hhhah.PNG.f67ec6789cdec1eaead9657e5c188584.PNG

I think this node in Vellumcloth SOP node affect to pinsrc value and It  caused this problem.

but It isn't updated anymore TT

If you set your Pin Type to Permanent, the mass of your pinned points are set to 0.0. All you have to do is to set them at the mass all the other points have at Frame 30.

One way: You could dive into your vellum solver setup, put down a pop wrangle, set your group to pin, activate at $FF>30 with mass = 0.1; and your pins are good to go :)

On 2019. 8. 12. at 8:52 AM, Yader said:

If you set your Pin Type to Permanent, the mass of your pinned points are set to 0.0. All you have to do is to set them at the mass all the other points have at Frame 30.

One way: You could dive into your vellum solver setup, put down a pop wrangle, set your group to pin, activate at $FF>30 with mass = 0.1; and your pins are good to go :)

Oh god, this is perfect !! I had never thought about controlling the mass attrib :)

Thank you for reply, Solve this.

Edited by hi_dini