Voronoi fracture inside a for-each loop (Per-pieces) causing Houdini frozen in half way through (Bullet decomposition)

Marcocheng

Hello folks!

I'm trying to do some collision geo decomposition using Voronoi fracture (second cut) to generate a Bullet decomposition mesh but unfortunately, Houdini became no response to the infinity. The ram shows I got plenty of space left and the CPU usage turns down from 50% to 8%.

Here are the steps:

1. I use a Voronoi fracture to frac hero pieces (a thousand pieces, some of them are not fit into convex hull shape)

2. I fracture them per piece with another Voronoi to decompose a geometry 

3. Single-pass preview is fine for me but then when I do it for all then Houdini froze half way round and to clue what does it cause. 

Here is the network: (I've try both single For-each loop or Compile-For-each loop combo, both fail at the middle)

image.thumb.png.295444c4549f4a8fa6e396895e6b7d0c.png

For-each loop stop (Houdini freeze after processing no.199 piece):( and I still got plenty ram and computational power

Here's the file to help diagnostic. Thanks a lot!

VF Problem_HIP.7z

VF Problem_HIP.7z

I'm sorry to say it, but this setup is a bad idea. I the initial fracture you have size differences but still you scatter 250 points on each piece resulting in insane small pieces. If you really want to do that put the fracturing after the for each network. But anyways the resulting shapes won't be nice and it will take very long to calculate. If you want just a convex decomposition 4 points should be enough.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Drughi said:

I'm sorry to say it, but this setup is a bad idea. I the initial fracture you have size differences but still you scatter 250 points on each piece resulting in insane small pieces. If you really want to do that put the fracturing after the for each network. But anyways the resulting shapes won't be nice and it will take very long to calculate. If you want just a convex decomposition 4 points should be enough.

Oh i see i just want to try things differently anyway thanks a lot!