TOPs Feedback Loop

MisterO

Hi there,

I found exactly what I'm trying to achieve in the Houdini docs but no step by step guide how to achieve this:
https://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini/tops/looping.html

"Imagine an RBD simulation where a jar is being filled with marbles, one handful at a time. The entire process could be run as a single simulation, however marbles at the bottom of the jar might become unstable and the numbered of simulated objects would keep growing. One way to manage this is to run the RBD simulation for the first handful of marbles and use its results as a static object in the second simulation. The result of the second sim and first sim combined would be static objects in the third sim, and so on. You can do this in TOPs using a feedback loop with a ROP Geometry in the loop block"

can anyone shed some light on this please?

cheers
S

3 hours ago, MisterO said:

Hi there,

I found exactly what I'm trying to achieve in the Houdini docs but no step by step guide how to achieve this:
https://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini/tops/looping.html

"Imagine an RBD simulation where a jar is being filled with marbles, one handful at a time. The entire process could be run as a single simulation, however marbles at the bottom of the jar might become unstable and the numbered of simulated objects would keep growing. One way to manage this is to run the RBD simulation for the first handful of marbles and use its results as a static object in the second simulation. The result of the second sim and first sim combined would be static objects in the third sim, and so on. You can do this in TOPs using a feedback loop with a ROP Geometry in the loop block"

can anyone shed some light on this please?

cheers
S

If you just want to practise ok, but otherwise just use the i@active attribute.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks Johannes I am just practising ü

What I was hoping for is some idea of how to set up the example above in Tops using a feedback loop?

I'm new to the concept so I'm just trying to understand how I can use these loops in 17.5

cheers

S