Flip Fluids on 50 fps totaly messed up

sant0s81

Hello,

first: sry for asking so high frequenced on Flip Fluids!

I have a very strange problem.
My Flip Fluid simulation on 24 fps worked perfectly - with the right scaling and settings I got beautifull results.

Now I got a scene with an animation, that has 50fps (also in the scene file).

I actually did the same thing than in the other simulation. Scaling and settings are quite similar.

But now my simulation explodes.

What I did was playing around with the "Scale Time".
The fluid is not exploding anymore, but it also gives me very unrealistic results, specially the whitewater

Hey, try to retime it.

Reset the time scale parameter, check "add ID attribute" and put down a retime node, and for points check if the "use ID attribute" is set to id. Then use the fit range and fit your simulation to what frame range you want. You may use cubic interpolation to get smoother results.

Cheers,

Hey @DonRomano

thx for your reply.

I dont really understand that.

The 50fps are also in the Global Settings, Means, everything in the scene is now 50fps.
Actually its the same scene than before more or less, but we had to change everything to 50FPS.
The Fluid Setup is also new, but with the same settings than before.

50fps.jpg.92d4717be950495c4cab976eb0a743ad.jpg

So what exactly do I have to retime?

Thanks again :)

Edited by sant0s81

hmm... I just dont understand it.

Everything worked so perfectly in the other scene with 25FPS.

Now, in the new scene thats actually the same thing but with 50FPS, everything looks totaly different and ugly.

The whitewatter kinda bounces on the surface, it exapnds very strange, is to quick etc.

It always looks promosing first and when I start to simulate, suddenly in motion it looks realy ugly.

Anyone has an idea, what I could do wrong here?

watertest.mp4

Did you changed the time scale on the ww sim as well ? Try to increase the substeps, it may help. Like 6-8 on the flip sim and maybre 12-14 on the whitewater sim.

Can you also share the file ? It could be simpler if we can have a look at it rather than just wondering around what's going on..

Cheeers,

Hey @DonRomano

sry for not saying anything yesterday.

I actually found out that I had to use a convert.
I did not see, that the model the company send me in that scene, was not made in Houdini.
So there where lots of collision problems.

With convert and changing the scale time, the water looks finaly great.

But Maybe you can give me a hint on the whitewater:

The water itself is okay so far.
Now I wanna get whitewater behind the fin, like a tail.
In the following link at 00:22:

https://www.gettyimages.pt/detail/vídeo/shark-swimming-under-water-surface-vídeos-de-arquivo/9010-107

I get some whitewater, but only at the front or somehow quite spreaded left and right from my fin.

Whats the right parameters to change that I get a nice whitewater "tail" behind the fins?

Thx again! :)

Hey,

just read, that I just have to copy the collision setup (the fish) I am using in the Water DopNetwork simply has to be copied into the Whitewater DopNetwork, too.

Now I get these tail I want - just playing around with some settings, but seems like thats what I want :)

• Thanks 1

On ‎30‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 2:31 PM, sant0s81 said:

Hey,

just read, that I just have to copy the collision setup (the fish) I am using in the Water DopNetwork simply has to be copied into the Whitewater DopNetwork, too.

Now I get these tail I want - just playing around with some settings, but seems like thats what I want :)

Hey, you can also set a custom emitter to emit more where you want, instead of using the classic ww emitter. Nice to see you making your way through !

Cheers,

• Like 1