Houdini Workstation

SirToral

Hi! The first sorry for my level of English xD.
I've been reading and learning in the forum for a while and I couldn't think of a better place to ask about the configuration I was thinking of buying...

Any advice you can give me will be welcome, I prefer to make sure that I invest my money well :P

Thaxs!

Thank you very much! I will increase the ram and although I have a nas I will look at putting a 4 / 6Tb HD disk.

The rest of the components are going well or do you recommend something better? (best motherboard, best ram brand, etc)

1.Your cooler is not compatible with the CPU. 

2. I would get a higher PSU in case you add one more graphics card or many HDD's. - 1000W is my suggestion

3.  Check RAM compatibility on asus site. Please note that T3 benefits from lower latency ram more than core clock. Get C14 is my suggestion 

4. Here is the configuration I am getting, just for refference: 

1. Threadripper™ 3970X
  2. Enermax LiqTech TR4 II RGB 360
  3. GIGABYTE TRX40 DESIGNARE / ASROCK TRX40 CREATOR- ability to put 4 full size gpus 
  4. G.Skill memory D4 3000128GB C14 GSkill TZ RGB K8
  5. 2 or 4*Samsung 970 PRO Series, 1TB, PCI Express x4 M.2
  6. 4*1080ti which I allready have
  7. 1600W SuperFlower psu which I allready have 

• Like 1

Hace 5 horas, stefan.batros dijo:

1. Su refrigerador no es compatible con la CPU. 

2. Obtención de una fuente de alimentación más alta en el caso de una tarjeta gráfica más o muchos discos duros. - 1000W es mi sugerencia

3. Verifique la compatibilidad de RAM en el sitio asus. Tenga en cuenta que T3 se beneficia más de la memoria de latencia inferior que el reloj central. Obtener C14 es mi sugerencia 

4. Aquí está la configuración que estoy obteniendo, solo por referencia: 

1. Threadripper ™ 3970X
  2. Enermax LiqTech TR4 II RGB 360
  3. GIGABYTE TRX40 DESIGNARE / ASROCK TRX40 CREATOR- capacidad para poner 4 gpus de tamaño completo 
  4. Memoria G.Skill D4 3000128GB C14 GSkill TZ RGB K8
  5. 2 o 4 * Samsung 970 PRO Series, 1TB, PCI Express x4 M.2
  6. 4 * 1080ti que ya tengo
  7. 1600W SuperFlower psu que ya tengo 

You're right, I changed the cooling at the last minute because they put out a bid, I used to have the Corsaire H115i Platinum. I'll look into the option you mentioned.

As for the RAM, it's compatible and it's CL16, so in principle it shouldn't be a problem, but I like the Gigabyte TRX40 Designare and now it's with a 200 euro discount.

Do you think the ram is better than the G.Skill I put in, or do you see a brand that will work better?

The hard drive I put the corsaire one because it offers speeds of 4950 MB/s compared to the 3,500 MB/s of the samsung (which was my first choice some time ago)

I prefer to put only one graphic card because I don't think it uses a lot of multi-graphic options (and in the future maybe add another 2080ti).

The power supply was my big doubt, if I was going to need more or not, so I'll throw in a 1000W ^^

Edited by SirToral
Translate

They are a mix of Corsair coolers like the H115i I believe. Not a perfect solution as they don't cover the full heat spreader on Threadripper, but they perform well enough and last more than 6 months unlike the Enermax stuff.

At home I use a Noctua NH-U14S air cooler.