Generating fracture thickness with boolean

santa_oscuro

Hi, I search a lot of tutorials and topics but i didn't find any satisfactory answer.

I think it's something very simple but I don't understand that it fails. I am trying to create a fractured mesh with "voronoi" or with "rbd material fracture" and then I want to add a limit to the thickness.

Many of the examples or questions logically end up saying that best options is extrude but in my case it is a fairly complex mesh and destroy it, then it's not a valid option.

Then something as simple as create a fracture and then making the inner boolean and it does not work, only very very small pieces are separated (I have tried it both in explodeview and in rbd and it does the same).

image.thumb.png.2b6ff0dd5a28da3fd53b80754c55197b.png

Here a file with a very simple example of sphere, sorry for english and thanks in advance.

boolean_in.hipnc

sheesh you're hard to please aren't you...

here's an actual 'hollow out' process...don't ask me how it works, I just got it to work, to prove that it doesn't work just on a nice sphere, I chucked in good ol' piggy to test.

Like I said, don't ask me how it works, I just brute forced it to work, like why it still works with the merge disabled ? NFI

EDIT: oh wait...don't need any thing in the loop except bool/normal/atttribdelete..that simplifies it.

pigout.jpg

vu_boolean_hollowout.hipnc

Edited by Noobini

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/1/2020 at 2:04, Noobini said:

sheesh, eres difícil de complacer, ¿verdad?

aquí hay un proceso real de 'ahuecamiento' ... no me pregunten cómo funciona, simplemente lo puse a trabajar, para demostrar que no funciona solo en una esfera agradable, me puse a prueba para probar .

Como dije, no me preguntes cómo funciona, simplemente la forcé a funcionar, ¿por qué todavía funciona con la fusión desactivada? NFI

EDITAR: oh, espera ... no necesito nada en el bucle excepto bool / normal / atttribdelete ... eso lo simplifica.

pigout.jpg

vu_boolean_hollowout.hipnc

now yes! Ty sir XD