Particle workflow popnet

Saya

Hi,

So I was fiddeling with the popnet and finally got a nice stream of particles, but it doesnt render. It's in the viewport. But it does not render.

What I have are several lines that are used for creating geometry. all these lines are in one geoSOP. I want to use the a single line as a source for popnets for my particles. Also for all other lines. So I created a subnet for this

so it can be copied and paste. So everything in in one geosop. Now for some reason the particles only show up in my viewport, but the particles does not show up as spherers in the render.

Therefore I made a little test and created an empty geosop on obj level with a popnet. This time the render does show the particles as spheres.

So, what exactly is the right workflow for particle effects, so that I can render them. And what is wrong with my first approach.

Hope you can help out.

Thanks in advance,

M

So after searching some more on the issue. I found that I deleted some attributes at the end of the subnet. Thought it would be cleaner. But apparently it made them suuuuuuuuper small.

The question about the workflow is still standing though. How do you guys build your workflow of particles

hey,

it really depend on the render engine, and also a bit on the project. (instancing or not...)

If you want more in depth comment on your workflow, it's better to post a simplified hip file.

• Like 1

you might want to try adding pscale to your particles which should control the size of the particles. you might want to also check that render>Geometry>"render as  points" is NOT set to "no point rendering"

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

just looking at the pattern of the nodes, looks like a loooooooooooooooooooooot of manual duplications there.

but don't be shy posting your files. The ones that don't post, i don't like.

Edited by Noobini

Yeah i figured. But the duplications are not entirely the same and most of them are needed for the uv's on different incoming splines. What would be best to fix this?

Edit:
Also noticed that my file is a bit weird as it was created in houdini 17.5. Houdini 18 made geometry quite weird

Edited by Marcomeeuwse