Geometry copy to particle points

Hi,

So I've got a bunch of particles that die after 1 second. On these points I have geometry copied on it. The first second the geometry stays and the animation looks fine. But right after some

particles start dying and are removed. The geometry jumps to other points and cause the animation to look weird and flickering. My guess is that if a geo is copied on pointnumber 1, and this

point is deleted. Another point becomes number one and therefore the geometry jumps to that point. Both have a different id attribute. So I'd rather want the geometry being copied by @ID

instead of the pointnumber. So that when that point dies the geometry is removed too. How can I do this?

I've added an example file. Particle Copy example.hipnc

Thanks in advance

M

Particle Copy example.hipnc

Here is a slight fixup. You are right about the particle system reusing ptnum. This is caused by the "reaping" mechanism of the popnet. If you disable it, you can still use ptnum as id and manually "post-reap" the result after the copy takes place. This prevents the flicker.

ap_Particle Copy example.hipnc

Edited by Atom
  • Like 1

Thanks for the fast response,

So the left one is the stamp_old_skewl. Which works, probably because you have disabled the reaping within the popnet. (can't find where it located).

And if I activate the Post-reap wrangle. the points are not copied on it. Or how exactly is this wrangle connected to another node? the wrangle only removes all the points which have dead==1

What am i missing?

after some googling i found the reaping option in the "pop solver", under update. :)

Also noticed that the Post_reap wrangle needs to be attached after the copy stamp old school. What was the reason why it was attached to the merge node?