Cross pattern

davidyannick

1 minute ago, konstantin magnus said:

Set a box to alternating triangles to get diagonals or extrude each polygon inwards and fuse to get crossings.

crossing.hipnc

thanks but in fact I'd like to have the crosses separated from the vertical support, I've tried this, but cross are merged with vertical support and Id' like to have crosses not on first and last point

Capture d'écran 2020-04-13 09.43.36.png

The new sweep gives you a lot of control over structures circling around curves.

image.png.2d77cf2a153fbbe9064041c2bd683752.png

But you better get some reference in first and define all features before you start. Otherwise you might end up like a traditional modeler adding piece by piece leaving you with a very inflexible system.

tower.hipnc

Edited by konstantin magnus

37 minutes ago, konstantin magnus said:

The new sweep gives you a lot of control over structures circling around curves.

image.png.2d77cf2a153fbbe9064041c2bd683752.png

But you better get some reference in first and define all features before you start. Otherwise you might end up like a traditional modeler adding piece by piece leaving you with a very inflexible system.

tower.hipnc

ok thanks again for your help

does it have to be uniform ?......Feeeeeeeeck no...

use a bend and taper it to the Eiffel Tower....will still work

(well...sorta, as the flared bottom will have gaps....but that's enuff from me...you fill in the gaps)

Tower2.JPG

Edited by Noobini
  • Like 1

it should still work if your tower footprint is rectangular rather than square...and varying floor heights should work too i think.

The Eiffel Tower structure is a bit puzzling...it still fits fine in front/back view...but side views, there's skewiff scaling :huh: