triplaner inside of PointVop

Crustedink

Hello everyone,
I am looking for a way to use a tri planar projection inside of pointVop. is there a quick way or did someone build it already ?
Trying to displace geo based on maps but have to export it as geo and not just on rendertime.

Found someone on reddit with the same question and a solution, but i am not really getting it. still at the basics of wrangle and dot products xD

"As you said, I ended up just making my own tri-planar-like solution. In a wrangle, I created float attributes on each point based on dot products with the Y, X, and Z axes.

Then in the VOP I'm using different mixtures of P components as UV values (P.x, P.y; P.y, P.z; P.z, P.x) that I feed into separate texture nodes which have my displacement map. Then I use the attributes I created earlier to modulate how much influence each axis has on that particular point."

Someone here, that could help me out ?

at the moment i am just creating different planar uvs set (top, side, front) and planning to blend it based on the uv borders, but that probably only works on simple shapes.

no, unfortunatly not. but thank you for the reply :)
looking for a way, to transfer the same approach out of the shading context to a PointVop.
i needed to create a displaced geometry for further modifactions or for example as a ground for scattering. if i do it on render time, the polygons dont match the render results.
so it am mostly looking for a way to create this rgb mask inside of a vop or a wrangle to blend different maps inside of the point vop.

Edited by Crustedink