Simple Tree Tools

nirfse

Hello!

So i created a few tools for a recent project for creating trees. I thought Id share it with the community. This is my first ever toolset Ive created so If you like it consider donate a few bucks on gumroad. I currently have it as a "pay what you want" product. 

You are more than welcome to try it out and come with suggestions for future potential updates. 

Hope you like it! 

https://gum.co/nEGYe 

A39B8266-76A6-4805-8711-F7B85329E56F.thumb.JPG.6a953e7a5bba462cd791c877d3cb8182.JPG

Tree_2.png

Tree_1.png

Tree_3.png

Edited by nirfse
Removed outdated hip.
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Man, I can't believe how unnoticed this has stayed. This is an amazing toolset. It's so powerful, polished and nice to use! I unfortunately don't have a use for it at the moment, but I will definitely keep it on my shortlist as soon as any sort of foliage task comes up. Thank you for developing and sharing this!

(Edit: I might think it's very hard to find due to the concatenated name. When I searched for this again after discovering it in the past, "Simple Tree Tools" would not turn this up at all unfortunately. Learn something new about Search Engine Optimization every day, haha...)

Edited by tortoise
  • Like 1

On 7/1/2020 at 6:41 PM, tortoise said:

Man, I can't believe how unnoticed this has stayed. This is an amazing toolset. It's so powerful, polished and nice to use! I unfortunately don't have a use for it at the moment, but I will definitely keep it on my shortlist as soon as any sort of foliage task comes up. Thank you for developing and sharing this!

(Edit: I might think it's very hard to find due to the concatenated name. When I searched for this again after discovering it in the past, "Simple Tree Tools" would not turn this up at all unfortunately. Learn something new about Search Engine Optimization every day, haha...)

Thanks dude! :)

Yes it has turned out pretty good I think! I might do a new post on version 1.5.1 since its a pretty big update. 

I think maybe another reason is the lack of not having like a sample video or tutorial on how it works. So I might do one of those as well in the future :)

Glad you like it! 

Cheers

• Like 1

True, a video really helps. But the provided example file already demonstrates exactly how to use it, it just doesn't advertise it, unfortunately.
Nice, looking forward to the update!!! :))

13 hours ago, tortoise said:

True, a video really helps. But the provided example file already demonstrates exactly how to use it, it just doesn't advertise it, unfortunately.
Nice, looking forward to the update!!! :))

Oh, 1.5.1 is already released. You should have got an email through Gumroad a few days ago about it? Otherwise just go to the Gumroad link in my first post and download it again! :)

13 hours ago, Andrea said:

That's something that could be very useful to many people. Do you have a small video/presentation other than this picture so it's possible to share it around? Thanks

Yes I do! I just created one :)

Here you go!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• nirfse changed the title to Simple Tree Tools

Excellent !
Thank for the video, I downloaded it some time ago, but now I'm going to try it out immediatly :lol:

True that Simple tree may not be the best way to describe this tool anymore !

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, flcc said:

Excellent !
Thank for the video, I downloaded it some time ago, but now I'm going to try it out immediatly :lol:

True that Simple tree may not be the best way to describe this tool anymore !

Hehe :) might have to do a rebrand to “Simply Advanced Tree Tools” or something like that :)

• Like 1

hindie_1HjX6IdIx5.png

By the way, just found this interesting tip on the Think-Procedural Discord: This option displays curves with @width without the need to create geo! :D
Might be helpful instead of creating the preview-lines the way you do. :)

• Like 1

On 13/07/2020 at 11:41 AM, tortoise said:

hindie_1HjX6IdIx5.png

By the way, just found this interesting tip on the Think-Procedural Discord: This option displays curves with @width without the need to create geo! :D
Might be helpful instead of creating the preview-lines the way you do. :)

Oh nice! Didn’t know about that! I’ll see if I can implement that somehow. The preview as it is now I think is pretty good, but it could create some extra cooking time depending on how dense the tree is. I wonder if I could access that button from within the Geo node itself? 

• 3 weeks later...