Sweep not closing properly even with 'Skin with Auto Closure' or 'Ends' node applied ..any ideas?

Snappy_Darko

I've made an HDA after following a procedural modelling tutorial for a sweep node that contains UV's (im working in 17.5, tutorial is in 16.5).  Everything works except that the shape doesn't close properly in one corner of the model, despite me selecting Skin Output as 'Skin with Auto Closure' . The tutorial uses an 'Ends' node to help with the unwrapping, but seems to prevent one corner from closing.  I removed the Ends node and the corner closes, but then the UV's are all messed in that area.  All can be seen in these issues im having in these images..if anyone can help that would be grand. HDA is also attached. thanks

BuN98rq.png

ozMmdlN.png

TufcEx9.png

Super_Sweeper.hda

The sweep node in the past could be quite buggy. It was changed somewhere at or before Houdini 18.0.416 and it is much simpler. You don't have to add uv transforms, rotate one 90 degrees, have one be points and the other vertex. It is easy now. See below (I removed your switch, but you can add it back in).

SweepNew.hiplc

SweepNew.jpg

Edited by Isleofgough