How to continue a cached sim from where it stopped, anyone?

Learna

Hello, this may seem odd for majority of you who live in a country with constant electricity. I am making a rigid simulation of say 700 frames. I have already cached it up to 400 frames before our power supply got cut off and my pc went flat. Now, if power is restored and I change the frame range on the file cache node to 401 - 700, and then click save to disk. The dop network would start from frame one until it gets to 400 and then start caching. My question  is this, how do I tell the dop net to start from frame 400 using the last positions of all rigid pieces already cached as the start point ?? Thanks 

Are you saving the sim on the Output node? If so, try changing the startframe to your last valid .sim file, like #400.

Also, look into Save Checkpoints under the cache tab of the DOP network. That might be what you're after, assuming you are not writing .sim files to a USB disk that needs to be properly unmounted before electricity is removed.

11 hours ago, Atom said:

Are you saving the sim on the Output node? If so, try changing the startframe to your last valid .sim file, like #400.

Also, look into Save Checkpoints under the cache tab of the DOP network. That might be what you're after, assuming you are not writing .sim files to a USB disk that needs to be properly unmounted before electricity is removed.

I have just one $sf.sim file which corresponds to simulation frame 118. But if I load it into initial state and then change the start to 352 (352 is my 118th sf because the sim actually started from 235). And then start to cache the bgeo.sc while “save checkpoints” is ticked, Houdini behaves like it wants to continue by simming 3 new frames and then starts cooking (not caching them but loading them up in its memory in order to continue) from the beginning (235). Why is that?