Location Of Mouse In The Viewer

thekenny

Anyone know how to determine what the location of your mouse is in respect to a viewer pane?

I'm wondering if we can script hudsliders to be plunked down just below the cursor location and then turn them off quickly.

I know we can do the creation and the rest with hudsliders.. pomscript tells you how.

I'm not sure about getting the location right.

thoughts.

-k

Hmm, I wonder if there are any HDK functions to do it? I kinda doubt it... Sounds like a useful idea what with the instantaneous HUDsliders though :)

Perhaps there is a way to script use the Channel List selection + "j" key feature to do the equivalent thing? Although I'll bet the Channel List features are not very scriptable either. You'd also have to have a Channel List present to do it, I suppose.

I don't see any mouse functions there? Anyhow, if you wanted raw mouse co-ordinates then the Mouse CHOP can be used. That's not the problem though, there's no way to convert the mouse co-ordinates into a suitable numbers relative to the viewer pane.

I don't see any mouse functions there? Anyhow, if you wanted raw mouse co-ordinates then the Mouse CHOP can be used. That's not the problem though, there's no way to convert the mouse co-ordinates into a suitable numbers relative to the viewer pane.

Ah you're right. Too bad. The quick search just showed some mousex and mousey matches and I just assumed...

As for the other alternate idea to script ChannelListPane parameter selection, it doesn't seem like the chanlist or parmlist hscript functions support the selection of any parameters - which it probably should.