Pyro Dissipate by Volume??

dantarctic

Hi Everyone. This question is twofold.

Firstly I want to create a gas dissipate field that affects only a certain region. For instance, I have a volume source that transfers velocity to the lower third of a cloud. I want to affect the dissipation only in the specific area that the cloud is being blown away but not affect the rest of it. Is there a way to keep the cloud whole with exception to the area that is being blown away/

Secondly I am wondering if there's a way to apply multiple solvers to the same smoke object?

I have been searching online but not finding anything substantial. All help welcome. Thanks.

15 hours ago, bunker said:

about using a dissipation mask, you can edit the dissipate VOP and use a volumesample
to multiply the dissipation amount, have a look at nodes in red.

dissipation_mask.hiplc

I'm wondering, there is a particular reason why you suggested this method and not the use of "control field"? It is just because this way is possible to leave everything as it is (so you can have this mask and also a control field) or there is something else that I am missing?

good point Andrea. too many reasons to list here, but here are a couple :lol:
- no extra field is created in DOPs, it saves memory. no extra nodes to create the mask field.
- more flexibility: you can noise up the mask field directly in VOPs for example.

personally I avoid VOPs altogether, it gets messy real fast. VEX is much cleaner.
of course, use whatever work for you and get the job done.

• Like 2