VELLUM PRESSURE

samvac

Hi

I'm trying to control the restscale attribute using a custom attribute, so i can animate a noise  and have it inflate depending on the color / custom attribute.  I have added a vellumconstraintproperty and tried to use vex to transfer my atribute.  But this is where i'm getting stuck.

any help would be amazing.

thanks

VELLUM_INFATE_TEST_04.hiplc

VELLUM_INFATE_TEST_04.hiplc

I don't know much about how to control vellum correctly but I had a look at your file and it seems like the "pressure" type constraint is per piece, so there is only a single primtive for your entire sphere. You can't control the pressure on a per point basis. You would rather have to do the exact opposite and increase the restlength of every other constraint that is not pressure and increase the pressure at the same time to have an uneven amount of bloating.

This might not be the ideal way of doing this but it might be what you're after:

VELLUM_INFLATE_TEST_04.hipnc

• 3 weeks later...
On 17/07/2020 at 12:26 PM, samvac said:

Hey guys I used exactly the same technics you developped here to inflate some objects on a scene.
Do you know what can I tweak to increase the "inflate" effect ? Like in the GIF attached the object seam to inflate on the very first frame but then the inflation isn't sufficient to blow in all the object and have that cool "blobby" result.

It would be awesome if at least the inflated black area shape would be way more like a fully inflated balloon.

How can I do that ?

Thanks in advance !!

Inflate_low.gif

24 minutes ago, samvac said:

Hey There 

If you send me your hip i can have a look for you :)

Hey !

yeah sure ! here is the file !
The mesh is not exactly the same as the GIF in my previous post because in the GIF it was a fbx file however the reaction is pretty similar with not a strong inflated effect. It would be awesome to get some balloon/cloth like inflation.

HUUUUGE thanks in advance :)

INFLATE_ROCK.hiplc