Houdini tutorial - Procedural Tree Rigging System and non-simulation dynamic

tamagochy

• 4 weeks later...

How long is this series? I would love to buy it, but 200 USD seems a bit pricey compared to other series, also this is the first course from you that I've heard about. Would be curious to understand why, and if anyone has  bought it. It does look like a fun one, just need to be sure it's worth 200 USD. 

Hey, this course around 6 hours. There is no other tutorials showing what I did in my. All courses used tree models from speedtree or generated in houdini with all necessary attributes. Here I will show how to create this attributes for any tree model and explain what you need to do to achieve this result. Plus all tutorials show how to build wire solver not procedural, my approach fully procedural, you can just attach spines to solver and it will work without going inside. And some interesting part its non-simulated dynamics working in real time.

It's not ideal in structure because it's my first attempt and I will redo it later, and may be separate for few parts and make them cheaper, but I have no time to do it now.

Thanks for interest.

11 minutes ago, tamagochy said:

Hey, this course around 6 hours. There is no other tutorials showing what I did in my. All courses used tree models from speedtree or generated in houdini with all necessary attributes. Here I will show how to create this attributes for any tree model and explain what you need to do to achieve this result. Plus all tutorials show how to build wire solver not procedural, my approach fully procedural, you can just attach spines to solver and it will work without going inside. And some interesting part its non-simulated dynamics working in real time.

It's not ideal in structure because it's my first attempt and I will redo it later, and may be separate for few parts and make them cheaper, but I have no time to do it now.

Thanks for interest.

Thank you for the reply - it looks like a promising video and something where I could learn a lot. However 200 USD, especially when a tutorial of about 6 hour in length and say by someone as recognized as Steven Knipping - it would cost around 80 USD https://www.cgcircuit.com/tutorial/applied-houdini---rigids-ii-version-2.0?utm_source=cgcircuit&utm_medium=website&utm_campaign=home-page 

I'd love to support you by purchasing this, but personally 80 would be a more standard price, but that's up to you =) Regardless, thank you for even making something like this and I do hope some people buy it - but the price may put off most people from buying it. 

46 minutes ago, tamagochy said:

Steven makes really nice stuff, for now I can just suggest to wait until I redo my tutorial and split it for smaller and cheaper parts. I hope to do it during next month or two.

Looking forward to it :) and learning your technique! It looks really promising. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...