Merge various objects/primitives into single object/mesh

jdiazsaezwd

Hello, noobie question. I have a model of a petal, I wanted to add some points and hairs, animated and did a vellum sim but the points/hairs snap out of the petals and fly off, I tried to use fuse but doesn't work. any ideashow to merge the objects so the points stick to the surface in the sim? maybe a rest position and then deform points? I don't know what would work. If any of you have any idea I would appreciate the help, thanks :)

bc93fef777ae34af1e3b1b337506de99.png

465c09ba43f19d7a153a59a46adde770.png

petalo.hip

Edited by jdiazsaezwd

I couldn't be stuffed trying to understand your logic, don't take it the wrong way but I just think it's a bit overcomplicated

if all you want to achieve is a bit of hair on animated cloth, then here's a basic setup:

- I left the hair/rope strand very very soft...you can easily stiffen it.

HairOnCloth.gif

vu_HairOnCloth.hiplc

6 minutes ago, Noobini said:

I couldn't be stuffed trying to understand your logic, don't take it the wrong way but I just think it's a bit overcomplicated

if all you want to achieve is a bit of hair on animated cloth, then here's a basic setup:

- I left the hair/rope strand very very soft...you can easily stiffen it.

HairOnCloth.gif

vu_HairOnCloth.hiplc

I apologize for my grammar, I'm not very good at explaining myself, I don't want the hair animated, just the petals, and the hair just attached to the surface, to save some sim time too. Thats why I was thinking about rest position and deform points, but im very noobie, I will try you set up and check the simTime, Thank you