vellum break pin constraint over time

isah_voodoo

Hello,

Im following the rohan dalvi tutorial here:

Im trying to break the pin points over time by animating the constraints properties inside the vellum solver. However it still stays attached even when I animate it down to 0. I made sure to set the Pin type to "Soft" like the way he does it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

vellum_breaking_pins.hipnc

@Milad Savar Wow awesome. Yeah that works thank you.  What exactly did you do differently in this file to get it to work ?  I noticed that the difference between your file and my original file is that you created a stretch group and used it in the constraints property. Why do we need to do this in order for it to work ? A bit confusing. 

42 minutes ago, isah_voodoo said:

@Milad Savar Wow awesome. Yeah that works thank you.  What exactly did you do differently in this file to get it to work ?  I noticed that the difference between your file and my original file is that you created a stretch group and used it in the constraints property. Why do we need to do this in order for it to work ? A bit confusing. 

active the group feature  in pin target "p_streatch " 

and in dop environment  with the property node removed only p_streatch group constraint  .

when you worked with the many pin constraint or something else , is better use group stuff for mange data  .

but in this case if u leave group name in the property  node  , u  have same result  (effect  on all constraint ) .

one thing i remember in your  hipfile , break type was off i think but must be active.

hope it's useful - 

• Like 1