POP Grain disintegration on character animation

Jamshid63

How do I achieve this similar fx using POP Grains. John kunz has full tutorial on the same, but he is using Vellum grains. i wanna try doing this fx using pop grains.

Attached .hip is my try. i can only tend to get disintegration, on the first frame. rest of the frames are not taking my color transfer , i know i am missing only one or two lines of wrangle. Please help me out . the file has all the setup, to save your time.

Thanks in advance. 

POP Grain_Disintegration.hipnc

f@mass = 1;
f@active = 1;
if( inpointgroup(0,'bonepoints',@ptnum) )   {
    @P = point(0, 'P', @ptnum);
    @mass = 0;
    @v = point(0, 'v', @ptnum);
    @active = 0;
}

Update the code in your pop wrangle, instead of using the group parameter and only running the code on grouped points, I believe you should be running the wrangle over all the points and then using an if statement to handle grouped points.

POP Grain_Disintegration_fix.hipnc

• Thanks 1

Thank you soooooo much @jkunz07 . You are awesome. And your tutorials are damn good, i must say that. keep doing it no matter if it is 2 or 4 hours long.

@Librarian I typed in almost all the keywords on google and YouTube except "dissolving", LOL. And closest tutorial that i came across was John Kunz's "Vellum disintegration".  Short and sweet has to put more work on keywords, i guess. :P

• Haha 1