Let user input curve for an HDA

strang2000

I have an HDA with a series of preset curves that the user can switch between. This curve is taken and a revolve node is applied (this is in the top left of "model inputs," "bulb"). If I want the option to let the user draw a curve that they want, what do I do?

If I simply include a blank curve, what allows the user to draw in in the HDA? And ideally, they should start drawing it at the origin like I did when making the three preset curves.

lightbulbs.hdanc

15 minutes ago, strang2000 said:

Yes the sub-network input accepts the newly drawn curve but I can't change the display node past the switch the sub-network input node connects to.

well I don't have the complete definition of the tool, only you do.

I can only show you where to add the custom curve in among the preset curves, you'll have to incorporate that into your COMPLETE HDA that only you have.

just go back a step, rclick on your HDA>actions>extract content

then select everything again (that is supposed to be in your HDA), create subnet again, this time you'll see it has the default 4 input slots

corresponding to the 4 inputs when you dive in. Sub-Network Input 1 would be your custom curve, connect that to the switch.

after you created the new digital asset, in type properties>basic>set max inputs to 1, min inputs 0 meaning there's 1 input slot but you don't have to plug in anything into the slot, it would still work with your supplied 3 curves.

You'll then have to add an ordered menu in the params to make use of the custom curve, to switch between the 4 curves.

(I can't do any of this to show you coz it complains that I don't have the complete definition for the tool)

Edited by Noobini