Principled Shader's opac input removes points color when connected

Here an image I did to explain the problem. The situation is very simple and I don't understand why it does not work...

I put some yellow color on my sphere using a color geometry node, and I added a blue Principled Shader on sphere_object1 > tab Render > Material. So my sphere is green.

in Principled shader > tab Surface > "use point color" is checked. In tab Opacity > when I move the "opacity scale" slider, everything works fine. The Sphere is still green!

But I want to connect some nodes into this "opacity scale" slider, and as soon as I connect something in it, the sphere_object1's points colors is lost! The yellow is gone and only the blue base color remains, so the sphere is now blue!

why WHY WHY?

By the way, is the "add constant" the right way to put a value into a "multiply" node?

Thanks and see you soon!

Gz

Opac connection deletes points color exp.jpg

Hello Librarian, thanks for your help.

What you suggest works well with my Sphere example scene. However, it does not work with my real Particles scene, please take a lok at the attached image.

Plugin the color (Cd) into the "opacity color" input does not work because I'm afraid the opacity color is not the same as the Base Color. It uses the color of the object to decide what's opaque and what's not, and so it differs from the original colors. 

Thanks for the advice to use the Alpha attribute. I used it in a Bind node and I tried to plug it in "opac" and "opaccolor" but it does not brings good results.

I'm still wondering WHY the points color disapear when I plug ANYTHING into "opac".

Thanks and see you soon,

Gz

Particles Opac connection deletes points color exp.jpg

Hey Librarian. Ok here's my scene.

"allow editing content": wow it's a big mess inside. Should I search inside all these nodes for the right option? Isn't there a better solution for this?

"surface color (shading (utilities) )" : yeah I tried this before and I checked "use Point Color" before. I tried to plug it into "opac" or "opaccolor" but I couldn't get good results. If you know a way to use it right, it would be great.

Thanks again for your help.

Tr3d_EnergyBall_Preparation.hiplc