Flip Fluid - Collider Resolution dependencies

nikolaidigital

Hey there,

I've encountered imo strange behaviour with my flip Sim.

I got Liquid running down stairs. The Liquid should be a bit viscous so I introduced the attribute on SOP Level. For the collider I used volume collisions and a pretty high-res (.002 voxel soze on a 5m Stair) VDB to which I am pointing in my Static Object.

When I simulated the liquid with f.e. 100000 viscosity (I tried values from low to super high) its just behaving like water. As soon as I decrease the resolution of my collider it works as expected, or If I increase the resolution of my Flip Sim while leaving the high-res collider as it is it also works as expected.

My Question would be: Is there a dependecy between the resolution of the collider and the fluid? does a low res fluid not work properly with a high-res collider?

I thought the more resolution on my collider (not too much to keep it efficient) the better. But it seems like that is causing issues -- in my case the solver ignoring the viscosity and the fluid splashing like water while showing correct viscosity values in the GEO Spreadsheet...

Thanks in advance and stay safe! :)