Need Help Creating the famous Stargate Kawhoosh

Korga1

Hi folks, 

So it has been a goal of mine for a few years now to try and create the Stargate Kawhoosh within Houdini and after researching it myself, it seems like no one has successfully made it or if they have, they haven't shared it

I've tried using a pryo smoke to get the rough shape and I've tried using flips however it just falls apart and I dont know how to proceed.

Any ideas on how this could be done would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

I love the first two series and have wondered this myself. I believe this is how it can be achieved. The basic puddle has a mask that reveals over time. Around .2 -.5 seconds the middle of the puddle shoots out like a pyro simulation or a pop net with forces applied. It will need to be converted to pop at some point, because a suction force will be needed to be applied to attract the points after they shoot out in one direction, they need to reverse direction. Once you have the behavior, it needs to be converted to flip since different simulations interact with one another. I would advise using 2-3 network. Looking forward to seeing your progress!

• 1 year later...