Help creating a rocket propulsion simulation

marcegido

Hi, 

I'm doing this shot where a rocket appears going up, I've tried doing it myself but i've gotten really bad results that look nothing like I wanted and since i'm not a houdini artist ( i'm a vfx compositor and generalist ) i thought maybe someone who knows how to do it would wanna collaborate in the shot.

I've attached a file to this post wich contains the necessary files to do the scene and explanation of what I want.

I'll be really thankful to everyone who helps

Thanks to everyone!

Marc

SCN_FILES.zip

Hi, 

it looks awesome,

my problem though is that i don't know how to use houdini so i have a really hard time doing this kind of thing, that's why I asked if someone could do it for me.

could you send me the file? maybe add some smoke to it?

Thanks for your time!

Marc

You don't seem to be a hobbyist. Asking some help is a thing. Asking someone to do the job for you, or collaborate is another things.
Maybe you should specify if there is a fee or if it is a free service.
At least things will be clear.

Hi, 

I understand your concern and i'm sorry if it seemed like i'm trying to get a profit from other peoples job.

I'm trying to create this shot just for me, it's not anything paid, i'm a selftought student and i'm doing this scene because it's the first time i would export something from houdini into maya, basicly learn the process and workflow between houdini maya and nuke and get a cool shot in the end.

To be clear, I was asking for a collaboration ( FREE ) just someone who could create a little simulation to give the shot some realism, as I said i wanned it because i wanna learn the workflow between houdini, maya and nuke and i don't wanna spend the time on the sim part since i'm focusing on other things.

Sorry for the missunderstanding and thanks for your time.

Marc