Particle Sop Turbulence In Pops

lisux

Hi everybody.

Using the Particle SOP I realized that turbulence is quite well implemented, with a adding a great organic feeling to particles.

Now I am guessing how to get the same turbulence but in POPs. One option is to use noises in the several forces operators like force POP, Attractor, Wind, etc ...

But is nor exactly the same, I think that the turbulence in Particle SOP is applied to the position of the particle, or maybe to be more exzact to the velocity of the particle.

So to replic this turbulence I need to use a sturb expression in a Velocity POP operator to perturb the current velocity?

Somebody have tried ythis before?

Thanks.

Haven't tried that exact thing before, but it will work. The question is, will it look like the particle SOP? :).

I tend to stay away from modifying velocity directly with the velocity pop as much as possible.

Cheers

M

Haven't tried that exact thing before, but it will work. The question is, will it look like the particle SOP? :).

I tend to stay away from modifying velocity directly with the velocity pop as much as possible.

Cheers

M

Yes i have made a couple of tests using sturb with the velocity POP and the result is not exactly the same.

Ad I am agree with you, the velocity POP tends to give some weired results sometimes.

But is strange that there isn any operator like Turbulence POP to add turbulence to the movement of the particles, specially because the turbulence in particle SOP is so good.