pyro sparse not resizing dynamically!!!

dyei nightmare

whassap? why the bbox doesnt shrinks??? so i have this sparse volume sim, only advecting density, but the issue is that after my sim grows and then shrinks, it keeps working in the biggest version of it, even when my sim shrinks, my sim crashes because it keeps working hard over nothing, as u can see, and since we dont have dynamic resize in sparse anymore, so i cant figure where to adress, is embarazing even to think that maybe that isnt the problem???
but sure thing is that my sim keeps crashing by working in the biggest version of my sim, but over nothing!!!  
i dunno if im enough clear.

sparse_resize.jpg

I would hope it's because there is still actually density in those voxels that just isn't visible on your display.

Quick check is to use a scatter on your volume to see if points scatter in those suspected empty areas - if they do, you've got density there.

• Like 1

Another way could be to use a "volume slice" and look at the density point attributes.
This has happened to me in the past where the density value ends up at something like 0.0001 or something like that, easy way to fix was to just create a clamp forcing any voxel with sufficiently low values to just be set to a value of 0.

• Like 1