How to make a animated object float in a flip fluid simulation

Daniel16_16

Hey 

I am trying to achive the effect of floating but with an animated alembic object. 
I have tried the feedback scale in the flip solver but this doesn't help me just nothing happening.

So now I am asking here, if someone has an idea how can I make a animated object float in a FLIP Sim, help would be very appreciated. 

The object is the starship rocket stage from SpaceX if someone here follows spacex :) - it should land in the ocean near Hawaii ;) - I've done a short animation but now I dont know how to make it float...

Thanks in advance 

Flipbook_animation.mp4

Only the RBD hero object can float and is affected by the feedback scale. Just use frame #1 of the alembic as a static collider and then parent the animated version to that. I'd go even further and simplify the collision object (which you're not going to render) to provide a more stream lined collider. If a primitive shape it more appropriate, such as a capped tube, just use that.

Edited by Atom

Convert your Alembic into a single piece of deforming geometry. The easiest way might be to re-write the s@name so all parts share the same. You may have to unpack it first.

Inside a primitive wrangle:

s@name = "single_mesh";

Here is a simple example showing rotating font meshes twirling and interacting with the FLIP simulation while floating upon it.

ap_deforming_hero_object_floating_on_flip.hiplc

flip_deforming_hero.gif

Edited by Atom
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1