limit impact force for RBD bullet for animated colider

martinkindl83

Hello guys.

I'm running into interesting problem, where i have two identical cubes, that are animated (animation is set and cant be changed) and they are hitting another two cubes and simulate the impact with Bullet RBD.

I would like to lower the impact for the second small cube. I have tried overriding velocity, etc, but nothing worked.

I have created simple repro scene, where the bottom small cube, should push big cube shorter distance. This is repro scene, that illustrates what im after. The process will be used in bigger RBD fracture sim later on.

Any hints?

Thank you very much for help.

60ff59a073b0a_Peek2021-07-2710-55.gif.7c36c5052c3107e462504972549025ed.gif

bullet_impact.hip

Thank you Atom for looking into my scene.

As described, the scene provided is a repro scene of much larger and complicated setup. Thus it does miss all the irrelevant things to my question like air drag or ground plane (that is not being used in the final scene at all).

I have left only things in the repro scene that demonstrates the problem i was facing and that is how much force is transferred from animated object to RBD and how to artificially limit it per object

I have a theory that might work, I did something that involved "impact" some time ago,

try appending a SOP solver to the "post solve" of the RBD solver node. Inside add a wrangle to the impact input purple node, set the impact point attribute to a percentage of its original value, finally add an "OUTPUT" node.

Edited by ahmedhindy

1 hour ago, ahmedhindy said:

I have a theory that might work, I did something that involved "impact" some time ago,

try appending a SOP solver to the "post process" of the RBD solver node. Inside add a wrangle to the impact input purple node, set the impact point attribute to a percentage of its original value, finally add an "OUTPUT" node.

Ahh yeah, good point,

will try that