Simply pin a RBD on an animated mesh (alembic)

tomtm

Hi,

I try to pin a trolley (RBD) to the hand of an animated alembic character mesh, it should pull this object.
The pinRBD constraint just works with static mesh, I can't find out how to pin it to the surface of the animated mesh.

Any help would be very appriciated.

Greets Tom

2 hours ago, tomtm said:

Hi,

I try to pin a trolley (RBD) to the hand of an animated alembic character mesh, it should pull this object.
The pinRBD constraint just works with static mesh, I can't find out how to pin it to the surface of the animated mesh.

Any help would be very appriciated.

Greets Tom

u can check the rbd hip file , I think u can find in the soft body part ur question ..

Edited by Ultraman

Hi,
thanks a lot for all the hints. I tried it with Glue Adjacent pieses. It works somehow but I can't believe this is the solution :-) I thought it should be easy for Houdini, or maybe I have a complete blackout.
I added the Scene, the Character Alembic and the .hip

Any modifications would be welcome.

Greets Tom

Character_Walk.zip

18 hours ago, tomtm said:

Hi,
thanks a lot for all the hints. I tried it with Glue Adjacent pieses. It works somehow but I can't believe this is the solution :-) I thought it should be easy for Houdini, or maybe I have a complete blackout.
I added the Scene, the Character Alembic and the .hip

Any modifications would be welcome.

Greets Tom

Character_Walk.zip

check hip 

RBD_Pin_Soft.hiplc

2 hours ago, Ultraman said:

check hip 

RBD_Pin_Soft.hiplc

wow, this solution looks great in results! Thanks a lot. But Houdini is so complicated with this case. Sidefx should have something like in vellum with simple pin to "another" geometry method.
I never would have found out by myself.
But this is a great setup for this. It could be used for truck trailers and my other setups.

Thanks & Greets Tom