How to make 10x slow version in Solver SOP

yasinesin

Hi yasinesin,

Made some modifications to the file. Here : 002_MOD.hip

Here is an explanation of how it's done:

Speed is controlled by the amount of relaxation being done on the points. So let's say the point relaxation moves a point by 'x' amount, but if we only move a fraction; say for example 10% of this 'x' then we are essentially slowing down the process. The attribute wrangle node inside the SOP solver does exactly this. It interpolates the point positions before and after the relaxation slowing down the entire process. Another way to control the speed is by reducing the point relaxation iterations in the point relax node. But this parameter is an integer and the slowest speed you can achieve is by setting it to 1.

However, I am not sure if the pattern remains the same when the speed is altered. I haven't done extensive tests to check that. Maybe you can play around with the file and tell me.

As for the methods you have tried, tweaking the FPS doesn't change anything because all nodes in SOP Solver are time-independent and only iteration dependant. So changing FPS will not affect anything. Retime also will not work because the geometry keeps changing because of the resample node inside of the SOP Solver and you need stable geometry for the retime node to interpolate the positions with the subsequent frames.

Hope this helps you out.

Edited by Eyeracker

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2021 at 4:43 PM, Eyeracker said:

Hi yasinesin,

Made some modifications to the file. Here : 002_MOD.hip

Here is an explanation of how it's done:

Speed is controlled by the amount of relaxation being done on the points. So let's say the point relaxation moves a point by 'x' amount, but if we only move a fraction; say for example 10% of this 'x' then we are essentially slowing down the process. The attribute wrangle node inside the SOP solver does exactly this. It interpolates the point positions before and after the relaxation slowing down the entire process. Another way to control the speed is by reducing the point relaxation iterations in the point relax node. But this parameter is an integer and the slowest speed you can achieve is by setting it to 1.

However, I am not sure if the pattern remains the same when the speed is altered. I haven't done extensive tests to check that. Maybe you can play around with the file and tell me.

As for the methods you have tried, tweaking the FPS doesn't change anything because all nodes in SOP Solver are time-independent and only iteration dependant. So changing FPS will not affect anything. Retime also will not work because the geometry keeps changing because of the resample node inside of the SOP Solver and you need stable geometry for the retime node to interpolate the positions with the subsequent frames.

Hope this helps you out.

Thanks! its work pretty well.