Hello odforce, first post on here. I'm an Houdini noob/rookie and I am trying to follow this tutorial from SideFX regarding OSM.

The point of this project is to create a procedural city using the Labs nodes and Open Street Map however I can't seem to generate buildings without them having holes/gaps when I try to generate fbx files for the Corners and Ledges. The first image is with trims and corners, and the second image is with walls only which results in no gaps/holes. 

From my understanding it seems that the problem lies in the labs nodes and might be some sort of "bug". 

It might be worth noting that the modules/objects used for the houses are from said tutorial and that, yes I've fixed the Centroid on all the modules as well. 

Here is my file:  OSM_city_1.hipnc

Here are the files i used for this project: city.zip

Here are examples of my issue

Inked08_30_circle_pre_LI.thumb.jpg.ce352e4993924554c13588018a7092f1.jpg5b0e20f3ed4e8934154ce7095b9b2013.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Tutorial link: https://www.sidefx.com/tutorials/city-building-with-osm-data/

Edited by OlleMutual
adding original tutorial

Yes, the original OSM tutorial on SideFX's site is meant to be a guideline to show you how the workflow of OSM > Houdini > Unreal works. However, real world conditions and OSM data is far from perfect and will often require case-by-case modifications and pre-processing to achieve desirable results. You can dive into the OSM tools by right-clicking on the node and selecting "Allow editing of contents", to see how they work. Cleaning up the input data is usually the easiest way to get around problems like these, although I find that building a tool from scratch is better for maintenance reasons.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Fenolis said:

Yes, the original OSM tutorial on SideFX's site is meant to be a guideline to show you how the workflow of OSM > Houdini > Unreal works. However, real world conditions and OSM data is far from perfect and will often require case-by-case modifications and pre-processing to achieve desirable results. You can dive into the OSM tools by right-clicking on the node and selecting "Allow editing of contents", to see how they work. Cleaning up the input data is usually the easiest way to get around problems like these, although I find that building a tool from scratch is better for maintenance reasons.

Okay thank you! I'll try that