Atom

Tutorial HIP Library

Posted (edited)

Another Mikael Pettersen setup that demonstrates how to project your packed RBD sim onto an alternate ground plane (with the same point count) without having to resimulate.

rbd_collide_after_sim.gif

ap_mp_fix_bad_rbd_collision_surface_052022.hiplc

Edited by Atom
  • Like 2

And yet another Mikael Pettersen setup demonstrating guided RBD fracture simulations. In the original tutorial, Voronoi fracture was used, in this one I added rbdmaterialfracture with chipping. You can switch between the two techniques.

guided_fracture.gif

ap_mp_zombie_crumble_guided_RBD_collapse_052122.hiplc

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I combined the Entagma flip melting tutorial with Sadjad Rabiee's fluid morph to produce this wax melting combination. I have added additional controls (check tooltips) to the popwrangle inside the DOPNetwork for better control over the "flow" of the simulation. I also added in the flatten flip surface nodes once the surface becomes too thin. This offers a more natural look as the fluid spreads out.

You may receive a font error if you don't have "Candara Bold" installed on your system. Simply chose another font in the black/bold style (non-serif works best)

flip_wax.gif

ap_ntag_font_melt_FLIP.hiplc

Edited by Atom
  • Like 6

Posted (edited)

I went through my first Houdini 19.5 tutorial. This is a setup for pyro instancing. It uses the new pyrosourcepak node in 19.5. The scene is setup to render on the GPU using the XPU pyro preview node.

pyro_instance.gif

ap_H19_5_pyro_instancing_tut.hiplc

Edited by Atom
  • Like 2