Jump to content
Neikke

How do I fix jittering RBD material fracture chunks?

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Attaching screens of my setup. No matter what I do I get jittery chunks on my simulation. Any way I can get this bug fixed? Thanks in advance!

 

 

ScreenRecorderProject2.gif

Edited by Neikke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi.

Try to Deactivate some areas that don't need to be Sim.
and as I can see did u use Next Constraint and last active Contrasint is Hard or Soft, u must back ur constraint to Glue with -1 Value to Freeze your RBD Sim.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Ultraman said:

Hi.

Try to Deactivate some areas that don't need to be Sim.
and as I can see did u use Next Constraint and last active Contrasint is Hard or Soft, u must back ur constraint to Glue with -1 Value to Freeze your RBD Sim.

Yeah I have next constraint as Soft, but don't know what you mean regarding "last active Contrasint is Hard or Soft". Can you pls attach a screen?

Also can you maybe attach a screen where should I freeze my constraint to Glue with -1? Thanks a lot!

Edited by Neikke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Neikke said:

Attaching screens of my setup. No matter what I do I get jittery chunks on my simulation. Any way I can get this bug fixed? Thanks in advance!

 

 

ScreenRecorderProject2.gif

without hip file is hard to judge - and for freezing, u can drop sop solver inside the DOP Network Constraint and check Angle Soft Constraint value if was bigger some Value change ur Constraint to Glue -1 

A+.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You could as well damp the velocity over time inside the solver, something like 

if(@Frame>50) v@v*=0.9; 

The more you want to damp it, the smaller the value

Also, it would be interesting to increase your substep and see if it changes something, maybe your solver does not have enough to be able to figure out which parts should stop moving ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 10/18/2021 at 1:09 PM, ValentinD said:

You could as well damp the velocity over time inside the solver, something like 

if(@Frame>50) v@v*=0.9; 

The more you want to damp it, the smaller the value

Also, it would be interesting to increase your substep and see if it changes something, maybe your solver does not have enough to be able to figure out which parts should stop moving ?

Thanks a lot mate, I will give it a try!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×