Why constraint_type = all is different from position and rotation combined?

bbrcn

Hi

I been playing houdini constraint recently. I find the behaver of bullet hard constraint is not very easy to predict, especially combined with condof, condir, position, rotation and angular motor.

I have an simple file as an example.

One box hard constraint to world space.

Using one wrangle node with s@constraint_typle = "all". it works as expected. Box stay there.

image.png.7e5f6057f8fe7a8e32219b651697b4f4.png

image.thumb.png.72216fbcce417970ed2c1e8762162868.png

When I split constraint with position and rotation. Give them all condof = 3. Ideally it should be act same as the last one stay there (I assume), but box start to fall. I tried constraint force mixing and error reduction parameter it can improve but I'm not sure I should do that since this is super simple setup shouldn't use too much tweak.

box.gif.bf0e21451620b15f982709230a45f1b3.gif

image.thumb.png.0821c1aae01489ed7d6832da0b6d69ea.png

File:hard_constratin_question.hip

I'm working on pretty complicate rigid constraint setup I need to fully understand the bullet constraint behaver.  Really appreciate the help. 

I also want to ask is rbd constraint the better way for complicated rigid body constraint with lots gear and mechanical parts and vellums. 

Thanks

Edited by bbrcn

12 hours ago, vicvvsh said:

If you set physical parameters back to default values on /obj1/dopnet14/rbdpackedobject1 behavior of constraints is fine. Don't ask me why, I don't know, maybe a bug.

Cool, thanks