Karma performance using instancing

Hello!
I'm quite new to Houdini, and I'm trying to create an environment.
The biggest problem is performance, since it constantly fills all my ram (64gb)

When I scatter the elements with low poly and low density, the scene kinda works, but if I add higher version of the objects, it just freezes.

houdini1.jpg

I was reading I should be using packed geometries or instances, but I can't find the workflow to use with Karma/Solaris.
Inside the Lopnet I use a copy to point to create the copies of the trees/rocks.

houdini2.jpg

Many thanks!

It would be best to post even a simple example scene that demonstrates the issue you're dealing with in order to help others help you ;)   As much as the forum community wants to help each other, building scenes from scratch and trying to guess at your workflow takes time many busy people cannot spare

51 minutes ago, ryew said:

It would be best to post even a simple example scene that demonstrates the issue you're dealing with in order to help others help you ;)   As much as the forum community wants to help each other, building scenes from scratch and trying to guess at your workflow takes time many busy people cannot spare

That's very true, sorry for asking for help without being more specific.

That's the project file:

https://ufile.io/6laimgb1

It's missing some geometries and the caches but let me know if it's enough to get the idea.

So I have created a terrain, used a highfield scatter to create the point, then moved into Lopnet, where I imported the Sops (trees and rocks).

Inside the Lopnet, I used the copy to point that comes from the highfield scatter.

Please let me know if you need more informations, apologies in advance if I'm taking this a bit too quick

Thank you :)