Inner glass faces not deleting

over5755

Hi,

I made a rbd simulation of a glass building and I am trying to remove the inner faces as they show up in the render before any force gets applied to the building.

The issue is that when I am applying the dop import after the rbd connected faces, the prim distance doesn't change for each inner face and therefore the faces at frame 1 don't get deleted.

I created a simple file with a fractured cube with both a rbd bullet solver (which works) and a dop import connecting a dop net containing a rigid body solver (which doesn't work).

I am sure that the dop import settings is the node that has the issue but I am unsure how to solve it.

If someone knows how to make the distanceprim attribute work pls help.

test19.mov

test_int_faces.hipnc

glass_issue.PNG

glass_issue2.PNG

I can't thank you enough for what you have done, I have been testing various solutions for over a week. 

Creating a rest position was definitely the part which made me understand what did the rbd connected piece node actually needed.

I wish you all the best.

• 1 year later...

I'd like to necro this because I have been trying to fix this for days and I am getting nowhere - I downloaded the file posted and read through the comments. Two of them should work but NONE of them work for me. Has this behavior changed in Houdini since?

Below are what all of my rbddisonnectedfaces do at higher distance thresholds in any scene regardless of setup.

Will document a solution if I find one.

image.thumb.png.15becb9761e164923ff05c593c777dfd.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/20/2023 at 11:12 PM, nios said:

I'd like to necro this because I have been trying to fix this for days and I am getting nowhere - I downloaded the file posted and read through the comments. Two of them should work but NONE of them work for me. Has this behavior changed in Houdini since?

Below are what all of my rbddisonnectedfaces do at higher distance thresholds in any scene regardless of setup.

Will document a solution if I find one.

image.thumb.png.15becb9761e164923ff05c593c777dfd.png

I just tested my file in 19.5 again. Both methods work here. You need to enable the first RBD Connected Faces for the green network box to work and disable it for the blue network box to work.

• 2 months later...