Floating "RBD Packed Object" in "FLIP fluid", issue...

Masoud

Hi guys,

I tried to use "RBD Packed Object" + "FLIP fluid" and as you can see in the image bellow, the boxes sink into the fluid after a while.

How can I fix it?

The DOP creates some volumes inside the boxes, and I guess they are somehow a collision volume representation, but I don't know how to increase their resolution. As soon as the volumes disappear, the boxes sink into the fluid.

Thanks for helping.

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

FloatingBoxes.jpg

Floating RBD Packed object_01.hip

Hi Masoud,

I attached a scene file but basically I just used the RBD Object, not the Packed Object. Its the one with the rubber duck, that's the one for feedback scale to work.

So if you have 5 boxes, you would need 5 objects. 

I also changed the FLIP source to not include a shell. It was creating some strange behavior at the start of the simulation.

I also played with the Density of the RBD Object under the Physical tab. And also adjusted the feedback scale. 

It's a balancing act of how heavy/light the object is and the feedback scale. You may also need to use some Drag / Spin drag / Pop Look At to ensure the object behaves nicely during the simulation.

lj_Floating RBD Packed object_01.hiplc

• 3 weeks later...