Karma XPU, objects out of focus / blurry

Using for example this material. so that we can eliminate this variable:

https://matlib.gpuopen.com/main/materials/all?category=Flooring&material=42a63f1c-93b1-4c27-a00f-abfc5480d898

The image is 1024 x 1024. I'm using Apprentice. This has to be done in Karma / XPU

Wembley_Chestnut_Flooring_baseColor.thumb.png.5477ce52621b5d7da65dfd3a4640cef4.png

The rendered texture is blurry, and I don't understand where the problem is coming from.

Are you able to get a result that is similar to the one you have on gpuopen after your click on the 3d icon ?

There are a couple of things you can try. In the houdini.env file bump up the max texture resolution.

KARMA_XPU_MAX_TEXTURE_RES = "4096"

On the Image Output/AOVs (Render Vars) tab set the Pixel Filter Size to zero.

I have experienced improvements with these settings, but Karma doesn't give you a 1:1 crispness compared to the original texture.

On 2022-11-06 at 6:20 AM, Atom said:

There are a couple of things you can try. In the houdini.env file bump up the max texture resolution.

I have experienced improvements with these settings, but Karma doesn't give you a 1:1 crispness compared to the original texture.

"Karma doesn't give you a 1:1 crispness compared to the original texture"

!! Do you mean render engines in general, or do textures render softer in Karma than in others?

On 06/11/2022 at 3:20 PM, Atom said:

For what it's worth, I was able to get rid of some of the bluriness by deactivating Karma: Rendering / Camera Effect / Depth of Field