Lighting Technique

Hi there

Does anyone have any idea how professional people could manage doing lighting setup for car commerical. I tried to look for some tutorials about product lighting but still could not find some good tutorial about it.

Thanks for your attention! Any help will be highly appreciated!

yours faithfully

Bruce

post-894-1184291479_thumb.jpg

Hi there

Does anyone have any idea how professional people could manage doing lighting setup for car commerical. I tried to look for some tutorials about product lighting but still could not find some good tutorial about it.

Thanks for your attention! Any help will be highly appreciated!

yours faithfully

Bruce

I've no idea who is and who is not a professional but pretty common method for dealing with car's lighting setup is using shapes rather then lights. White and black. So this follows the real life scenario. Directors of photography usually say that cars lighting is the most challenging shots they work on.... and they use lots of butterflies, kino flos, and stuff like this which are basically area lights.

hope this help.

sy.

Personally I try to keep things multi-passed as possible. Implying multiply passes just for reflections + many others (mattes from normals pass which whiter/darker directions on surface). At least two specularity and all this stuff.

Good reflections maps with strips etc etc.

Edited by SYmek

hi

this guy is one of the best car guys out there

hes site will give you loads of info for making car renders

http://www.suurland.com/

but I did stuff like this in maya, of course raytraced and with final gather/GI and planes placed like area lights and their diffuse value over 1 so they act as lights like huge neon lights....

z

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...