How to Achieve Smooth and Stringy Effect for this setup? Seeking Advice!

Smicksus

Hey everyone,

I could really use your expertise right now, as I'm racing against a tight deadline and need to nail this down. I've attached a simplified hip file to this post (can't share the full setup due to legal constraints).

So, here's what I need your guidance on: I'm aiming for a smooth and stringy effect, but I keep encountering those pesky "blobby" meshes that often come with fluid simulations. I've been experimenting with using stretched-out cubes scattered across simulated points that follow the velocity direction – it helps to some extent, but I'm open to any suggestions. (In this example, I've used a low number of particles to keep it light, but I've tried millions in my actual file without achieving the desired results.)

The crucial part is ensuring that the UVs move with the same velocity as the flowing geometry towards the other object.

How would you approach something like this? Perhaps there's a more straightforward way that I haven't discovered yet. I'm eager to learn and any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
image.gif.6b177369dbc3a6da3b3ecd5288655cdb.gif

help_file.hip

5 hours ago, hannes603 said:

Maybe try the particlefromsurface node. you can adjust the influence rate to get away with some blobs

Thank you! I will try that. I've never used that node. But I'll try to see what it can do to help me. Thank you so much for your help. 

On 9/8/2023 at 9:37 PM, Smicksus said:

Hey everyone,

I could really use your expertise right now, as I'm racing against a tight deadline and need to nail this down. I've attached a simplified hip file to this post (can't share the full setup due to legal constraints).

So, here's what I need your guidance on: I'm aiming for a smooth and stringy effect, but I keep encountering those pesky "blobby" meshes that often come with fluid simulations. I've been experimenting with using stretched-out cubes scattered across simulated points that follow the velocity direction – it helps to some extent, but I'm open to any suggestions. (In this example, I've used a low number of particles to keep it light, but I've tried millions in my actual file without achieving the desired results.)

The crucial part is ensuring that the UVs move with the same velocity as the flowing geometry towards the other object.

How would you approach something like this? Perhaps there's a more straightforward way that I haven't discovered yet. I'm eager to learn and any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
image.gif.6b177369dbc3a6da3b3ecd5288655cdb.gif

help_file.hip 1.02 MB · 9 downloads

Do you have any actual reference? As smooth and stringy can mean a lot of things :)