Maya rules!

MG

what's really scary is getting my arse blown by a guy with ears and head glued together and beard growing all over his nose, god knows what's got down there... now that i think of it, probably not modeled yet.

These mayans need the new "unglue my ears" plugin, retails at $2 or bundled with 48 units strawberry condoms.

ugly :P

Guest Mayadini

comon guys! What feature film so far has been produced on Houdini alone? At least in larger studio environments Maya works perfectly alongside Houdini, and to be truthfull about it if any feature was produced using a single 3d package it was Maya, not houdini. They just got an oscar too :)) (I know i know.. but as far as I know only Pixar shares this in entire "3D industry".

I'm not a Maya zealot, I love Houdini but I adore Maya too, its a damn powerful package with just as custumizable interface (if not more) as Houdini, node based aproach where "proceduralism" is almost as good as in houdini with a little more digging into the UI or mel I'll admit.

The important thing from what I see in big studios is that these are the 2 packages are what is used most and used side by side by same people. Us ordinary mortals shouldn't differ either I thinks :)

I know this isn't a topic about flaming Maya, but there was that kind of "sound" to it and anyhow, gotta 2cent a bit from time to

Nope, I think it was more about teasing the creator of that picture. We're certainly not going to get into a flame war here (says the admin as he sternly wags his finger at the wayward users....).

Its all fun, lets not bring the mood down shall we?

Marc

"Come on guys"? No! I just don't like Maya, period.

I think everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion. And since this is a Houdini community, mainly for people that want to exchange knowledge (Houdini users) I suggest you quit being so "Maya this" and "Maya that".

well, he doesn't have that many posts, not what i'd call a plague or something :) . I'm sure he/she (dunno from such a 3d-ish nickname) will realize that in odforce we don't need to show how much we now about something to give and receive other's attention, help, and sometimes also friendship.

This is a very friendly place and i've never seen anyone complain about what others may say. Now we've seen 2 of those in a single thread. I feel I may have something to do because of my post... oh well :ph34r:

I dare say, and it has nothing to do with odforum or any of its members, that living in the internet is like living in a big big city. Some people like going to old crappy coffee shops, others like rave discoparties. Both being places to meet ppl, one should not behave the same.

"Donde fueres, haz lo que vieres". More or less means: wherever you go, do what you see. mum taught me that :P