Animating table tennis ball?

Hey magicians,

What would be the best way to animate a table tennis ball? (attaching animation), I'm trying RBD but having a hard time to control.

I also tried transfering the velocity from the arm to the ball but isn't working. I guess manual keyframing would be better, but I'm pretty bad at it.

Any suggestions more than welcome.

Thanks!

I think I'd approach this by making a curve between the two opponent's hands with a dip to the table and over the net. Then animate a carve and copy the ping pong ball to the moving point. Add a trail sop to calculate the velocity for the motion blur. No simulation at all.

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Atom said:

I think I'd approach this by making a curve between the two opponent's hands with a dip to the table and over the net. Then animate a carve and copy the ping pong ball to the moving point. Add a trail sop to calculate the velocity for the motion blur. No simulation at all.

Makes sense! I started playing with it, much better approach than keyframing manually the trajectory, thanks as always for your help Atom!